We are live from the GoBundance event with Adam Broussard, a husband, father of two, and host of the podcast and mastermind group for high-achieving physician fathers called Dads Before Doctors. He’s dialed into making a difference in the lives of others through his various works.
Doctors, or any other high achieving profession, tend to work so hard to provide for their families that they forget to actually spend quality time with them. If you’re a parent in survival mode, here are some things you can do to step back and make connections:
- Put aside time for yourself and your mental health on your calendar
- Schedule date nights with your partner or kids before other work commitments
- Try not to fight it when you kids are making demands of your time, eventually they won’t want to spend any time with you
Being a parent is such a precious time. It is difficult and stressful but it doesn’t last forever. It’s important that we do our best to enjoy the good parts of parenting that we’ll never get back.
The Biggest Helping: Today’s Most Important Takeaway
“The biggest thing is just being present and intentional, being able to create the life you want, and be present with your kids, with your wife, with yourself even, so that once you put it down, that you accomplish it, and not get stuck in the day-to-day.”
Thank you for joining us on The Daily Helping with Dr. Shuster. Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Google Podcasts to download more food for the brain, knowledge from the experts, and tools to win at life.
- Instagram: @dadsbeforedoctors
- 206. Maximizing the 18 Summers Before Your Kids Grow Up with Jim & Jamie Sheils
The Daily Helping is produced and published by Crate Media.