Today our expert guest is Wade Lightheart, a 3-time All Natural National Bodybuilding Champion, Advisor to the American Anti-Cancer Institute, and Director of Education at BiOptimizers Nutrition, one of the world’s most innovative nutritional supplement companies
He is also the author of several books and host of The Awesome Health podcast, which helps him accomplish his mission to help others fix their digestion and transform their health with the daily practice of positive principles, rituals, and optimizers.
Wade was mortified into action when he learned that 12 percent of emergency hospital visits are due to gastrointestinal conditions and over 95 million Americans suffer from some form of digestive distress – and if things keep going the way they are, the problem is only getting worse!
So, for starters, where do things start going wrong in our digestion?
- We’re the only species on the planet that cooks our food. There are some advantages to that, but it also means we’re destroying all of the enzymes in our food. As a result, our bodies have to manufacture more enzymes, which comes with an energetic or metabolic cost.
- Especially when we get older, our bodies will stop breaking down certain enzymes, which can lead to low energy, feeling bloated after meals, or skin problems. Beyond that, Wade says that 25 percent of our population is actually suffering from depression because they’re not breaking down their proteins correctly.
- By the time most of us are 30-40, we don’t produce enough hydrochloric acid. This is what disinfects our food; our first line of defense in our immune system. So as it diminishes, we start experiencing digestive problems and/or sick.
The Golden Age of Digestive Health
Luckily, Wade says we’re entering The Golden Age of Digestive Health!
So, while health issues rooted in the gut are rampant, our ability to diagnose and treat these problems through holistic solutions, as well as our general understanding that there is a problem, is also increasingly greatly.
But instead of sharing the supplements and tests that someone might take to improve or identify gut problems, we have a different call to action: hire an expert that can help!
It will cost a little bit more money up front, but it will save you much more money in the long run because you will select the right products for you, at that particular time, and it will reduce your healthcare costs in the future.
Wade is also generous enough to share the FREE Awesome Health Course with Daily Helping listeners!
The Biggest Helping: Today’s Most Important Takeaway
“Take action on your health now, before you run into serious problems.
“In today’s world, it’s very easy to be busy, it’s very easy to be dialed into the digital work, it’s very easy to put off those little things that we know we need to address… But when your body is giving you a message that something is not working, you need to pay attention.
“When your body is giving you a message that something is not working, you need to pay attention.”
Thank you for joining us on The Daily Helping with Dr. Shuster. Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Google Play to download more food for the brain, knowledge from the experts, and tools to win at life.
- Learn more at https://bioptimizers.com/
- Awesome Health Podcast: https://bioptimizers.com/category/podcast/
- Take the FREE Awesome Health Course: https://bioptimizers.com/TDH
The Daily Helping is produced by Crate Media