Today our expert guest is Laura DiBenedetto, the number one bestselling author of “The Six Habits,” TEDx speaker, and mastery coach who teaches people how to create the lives of their dreams without sacrificing what they love. She is the founder and CEO of the award-winning marketing company Vision Advertising, which she built up for 19 years to tremendous success before retiring from active involvement in 2018 at the age of 37.
Over the years, Laura personally sold millions of dollars worth of ongoing contracts, was featured on FOX News, and was publicly recognized for her business accomplishments. She was named a 40 Under 40 award winner at the age of 23.
At 32 years old, she was already beginning to feel the burnout of the “hustle and grind” lifestyle, so she began looking for an exit strategy. It took her a few years to figure out what she wanted to do, and her strategy was to get herself “lovingly fired” by selling off half of her stake in the company and allowing herself to be phased out.
After stripping everything away except the core of herself, she realized that none of the accomplishments that came before had actually made her happy. She needed to find happiness for real, and that’s what led her to the discovery of The Six Habits.
The Six Habits are:
- Kindness: Like a parent encouraging a child, you need your inner voice to be kind and encouraging towards you when you are facing hard times.
- Acceptance: How we feel about ourselves and unconditionally loving ourselves.
- Gratitude: The lens of appreciation through which you look at everything in your life, including the hard things that could be considered bad.
- Presence: Choosing to be in the moment you are in instead of wishing you were somewhere else. Even difficult moments can be made more pleasant if we just allow ourselves to be there and experience them.
- Goodness: Watch what is coming in, add in positive things, subtract the negative things.
- Intention: How you approach your desires and take action. Searching for clarity and movement whenever you can.
These are all very basic concepts, but it’s the application that is tricky. After how many years of life on this planet, you’ve built up a habit of speaking to yourself a certain way.
The Biggest Helping: Today’s Most Important Takeaway
“Your job in life is to love yourself, enjoy your life, and do the work. All the things you learned in this episode, or anywhere, are useless without application. Take whatever you learn and apply it to your life. That is where change comes from.”
Thank you for joining us on The Daily Helping with Dr. Shuster. Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Google Play to download more food for the brain, knowledge from the experts, and tools to win at life.
- The Six Habits of the Happiest People | Laura DiBenedetto | TEDxMcphs
- Instagram: @lauraldibenedetto
- Facebook: facebook.com/lauraldibenedetto
The Daily Helping is produced by Crate Media