Today our expert guest is Dana Malstaff, the Founder of Boss Mom and the author of Boss Mom: The Ultimate Guide to Raising a Business & Nurturing Your Family Like a Pro. She is a mother, author, speaker, business strategist, podcaster, blind spot reducer, and movement maker.
Dana published her book and started the Boss Mom brand in 2015, quickly growing into a six-figure business that includes an empowering community, transformative courses, and entertaining podcast.
Now Dana has over 10,000 students enrolled in her courses, helping women all over the world raise their businesses and babies at the same time. She believes that pursuing our passions and building our dreams – while including our children in the process – is the best way to build thriving businesses and families.
And ultimately we need to show our children that doing what we love can be financially viable
There are a few key steps in becoming a Boss Mom, and they can be applied to anyone who wants to simultaneously pursue running a business and living a life they’re passionate about:
- You need decision confidence. When you aren’t confident, that’s where guilt starts to creep into your life. But if you make a conscious assessment of what your priorities are, you can make any decision with confidence.
- To maintain confidence in those decisions, you also need healthy boundaries, which Dana says can be particularly difficult for women. There are many people who would rather be helpful than profitable, and that can make it challenging to successfully run a business.
- But you can’t set effective boundaries and assess your priorities without first knowing your WHY. Dana breaks your why down to three categories: financial, environmental, and emotional. A lot of people talk about knowing the purpose behind your business and surrounding yourself with the right people and things to make it happen, but there aren’t a lot of people who focus on the emotional part of your why. However, it’s a critically important question: How do you want to FEEL, and what does that mean about the business and life that you’re building?
The Biggest Helping: Today’s Most Important Takeaway:
“You have permission – you have permission!”
You are the only person who can give yourself permission to do whatever it is you want and to be whoever you want, and we spend so much time asking other people for permission that we don’t live the fullness that we could be living.”
Thank you for joining us on The Daily Helping with Dr. Shuster. Subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play to download more food for the brain, knowledge from the experts, and tools to win at life.
- Boss Mom: The Ultimate Guide to Raising a Business & Nurturing Your Family Like a Pro
- Learn more at boss-mom.com
- Listen: The Boss Mom Podcast
- Connect with Dana: Instagram | Facebook
- Listen to me on The Boss Dad Podcast: Episode 4: How to Build a Business That Makes the World Around You a Better Place with Dr. Richard Shuster
The Daily Helping is produced by Podcast Masters