Jessica Pettitt is a diversity trainer and motivational speaker committed to leading listeners down the path to understanding they are good enough to make the changes they seek.
She believes that if we notice our own behavior patterns, then we can keep the ones that we like, and focus on the ones that we want to change. Jessica guides audiences through this process through a lens of compassion, inclusivity, and kindness.
“What if what you currently have now is actually enough? Might not be perfect, but what if it’s enough?”
Jessica suggests that each of us possesses qualities related to the following three major archetypal figures: Ghandi, Mother Teresa, and Martin Luther King Jr. At any given time, we may exhibit traits from one of the three more heavily.
- Ghandi –
– action oriented (not exercise, but simply the doing of things)
– can be very egocentric and difficult to work with
– doesn’t play well with others, doesn’t like to collaborate
– his biggest initial stumbling block: at first, his work wasn’t connected to anything larger
- Mother Teresa –
– head (detail oriented) / heart (connected to a larger idea) oriented
– constantly questioning the will of God
– slower to make decisions
– her breakthrough came when she realized that she had (and began utilizing) the resources to build a school
- Martin Luther King Jr. –
– heart (connected to a larger idea) oriented; literally had a dream, not a plan
– dependent upon a network of supportive figures carrying out the logistics
– his biggest initial stumbling block: he needed to find a way to connect with a tangible system, rather than ethereal ideas, to get his revolution going.
I truly can’t wait for you to experience my conversation with Jessica.
The Biggest Helping: Today’s Most Important Takeaway
“Do the best you can with what you already have, some of the time, and it’ll make all the difference in the world. “
Thank you for joining us on The Daily Helping with Dr. Shuster. Subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play to download more food for the brain, knowledge from the experts, and tools to win at life.
Freebies from Jessica’s website:
- Freebies from Jessica’s website: http://www.goodenoughnow.com/freebies
- Click here to purchase Jessica’s book, Good Enough Now
- Jessica Pettitt on Facebook
- Jessica Pettitt on Twitter: @jesspettitt
- Jessica Pettitt on YouTube
- Jessica Pettitt on LinkedIn
The Daily Helping is produced by Podcast Masters